U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

Should i be under the care of a trauma surgeon or a cardiologist for my heart contusion from a car accident?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 35 years experience
Both: If u need emergency surgery - surgeon first and cardiology will also be imvolved.
Dr. David Kwon
Surgery - Oncology 19 years experience
Both: If you were involved in a car accident and suffered a cardiac contusion, a trauma surgeon is the best trained to rule out any further injury to other organ parts. A cardiologist should be involved to make sure you don't have any cardiac-related that needs further workup or followup.
Last updated Aug 11, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.