every time i try ashwagandha, it works for a few hours, then gives me a headache for the rest of the day, is this normal?

Dr. Valencia Porter
Holistic Medicine 21 years experience
No: Ashwagandha (withania somnifera) is an herb that is classified as an adaptogen meaning it helps the body with stress. It is a very safe herb with little side effects that i recommend often for fatigue, poor sleep, and anxiety. However, it is possible that you are having an adverse reaction make sure you are using a standardized extract from a reputable manufacturer and stop using for a while.
Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine 15 years experience
Probably not: Sounds like ashwagandha is not for you; you are sensitive to it.