I get sick only the evening after consuming small amounts of alcohol. i am in my twenties with what i believe is a digestive problem. for years, i was able to consume high amounts of alcohol without having much of an affect on me (my family has an extreme

Since : Since you reported that you drank heavy amounts of alcohol for years, it isn't known how much damage you may have done to your body. Being able to drink large amounts of alcohol without having mucn of an effect is called tolerance. From your description, would imagine that you spent a fair amount of time drinking. It sounds that despite the fact that you now have a health problem related to alcohol, that you are still drinking. Most people wouldn't continue to ingest a substance that caused them to vomit or to feel nauseated. Additionally, there is a family history of people who were heavy drinkers. Recommend that you go in for a comprehensive evaluation by your doctor and that you are scrupulously honest about your alcohol use.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016