i noticed something hanging in my throat near my tonsil. i looked and it looks like a long sore hanging from my mouth is this an emergency?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
That : That is a natural part of your anatomy called the uvula. Follow the below link for further information.
Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
If : If this structure is in the middle of the back of the roof of the mouth (soft palate) it is a normal structure. If you can identify you uvula and what you are describing is located more laterally (to the side) then it should be checked out as soon as possible by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
"Long sore": The term "sore" indicates pain, is the structure painful? Is it in the midline (normal "uvula") or eccentric. If red (not pink), white, eccentric, painful, see your Dentist or an Oral Surgeon immediately. Otherwise, see your Dentist for probation that what you are looking at is a normal uvula.