are dissolvable stitches used to suture a septoplasty? i dont want stitches ripped out of my nose after a septoplasty. will they use dissolvable stitches?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
21 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
I : I use dissolvable sutures to close the septoplasty incision line and to reappose the septal skin flaps. I think this is pretty standard among surgeons though you can check with yours to make sure.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Subramaniam Arumugam
56 years experience Plastic Surgery
Agree : Agree with dr thomas a. Lamperti. I always use dissolvable sutures in the septum and inside the nose.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Marcus Peterson
35 years experience Plastic Surgery
Dissolvable : Dissolvable sutures are used inside the nose because no one wants to remove them. You may have some splints or packing that has to be removed but this is not a painful experience. Best wishes dr. Peterson.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. Leonard Grossman
36 years experience Plastic Surgery
Usually : Usually the stitches are dissolvable in nose surgery, but even if they are not, they don't get ripped out, but removed in a way that causes least discomfort. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016