Should i go to the doctor? i think i jammed my finger in gym class today, but i'm not too sure. it's not swollen or bent, it just hurts a lot when i'm writing, typing or texting.

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 years experience
I : I would ice the finger and take Motrin or advil (ibuprofen) to help prevent swelling. Also refrain from using the finger (e.G typing / texting). If the pain does not subside in a day then have the finger examined, and if necessary x-ray'd. Even though it may not be broken, you could have sustained ligament damage. If you find that you have lost the range of motion in the finger you should seek help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016