Pulling a very loose molar on my own. i have a molar that rocks back and forth 30-45 degrees, and has been that loose for over a year. a dentist said he may as well pull it out. any reason why i can't pull it out myself? i am going to, i don't have even t

Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dentistry - Cosmetic 28 years experience
My : My colleagues are right. However, i'm much more important question is why your molar is that lose? If you suffer from periodontal disease, which is likely to cause, you must go see a dentist in order to treat it and to make sure did you do not lose any more teeth. I'm glad that you decided to go see a dentist.
Dr. Lance Timmerman
Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
Holy : Holy cow...! good luck with that...! first is the obvious. It will hurt. Next, the potential problems. If the nerve is wrapped around the tooth, you risk losing feeling permanently on that side. Same risk in my office, but we can help handle it. There also exists the risk of infection. Your pliers or whatever you use may not be sterile, and may place bacteria into the wound. There may also be some bone fused to the roots, so you may be taking out a large part of the jaw, which we could graft. Do what you must, but you may have some large problems when done. Or not.
Last updated Jan 30, 2021