Bilateral arm pain i have been experiiencing pain in both arms at different times for the last few weeks. the pain is either achey or sharp and shoots down my arm (left arm). my right arm feels like it has a blood pressure cuff on it sometimes. like i sai

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Robert Dunbar answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

When : When you have such a problem in both arms, some consideration should be given to there being a a single problem at a point in your body at which it could affect both arms. It would be worthwhile to see whether you are having an issue in your neck, such as a herniated disc or arthritis that causes pinching on the nerves that go out to the arms from the spinal cord. It also remains a possibility that there are separate problems in each arm, so it's a good idea to ge tthis checked out. A visit to an orthopaedic surgeon can help you localize, diagnose and hopefully treat your problem. Good luck!

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Kornelis Poelstra answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Radiculopathy: Radiating arm pain and a feeling of tightness are common symptoms of radiculpathy... Stemming from compression on the nerve root(s) in your neck. It can be due to a disc bulge- or herniation, slight instability or deformity or bone-spur formation and arthritis... Physical therapy with cervical traction can help, including exercises and anti-inflammaroties. Try that for few weeks to see how it goes.

Answered 3/14/2018

5.3k views