I have a question about imediate cause of death being severe sepsis hours prior to death my father has had peripheral vascular disease for years, and last month he was admittted into the hospital and in the 2 days drive to the hospital i was told he had a

Dr. Joy Jackson
I : I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you need a more detailed explanation as to what exactly occurred in those 9 hours prior to his death. You should contact a social worker at the hospital where your father died. They should be able to get you some much needed answers. As far as sepsis is concerned, it can occur pretty quickly and cause death rapidly even if antibiotics are given. The sepsis can spread at a much faster rate than the antibiotics take to work. Again i hope you find answers soon. Take good care.

Last updated Jan 6, 2019