blood in stool. should this be an immediate concern? stool was dark and solid. blood seemed to be in the stool

Dr. Joy Jackson
You : You need to schedule a visit with your doctor asap for this issue. Lower rectal bleeding can be due to many things (hemorrhoids, infections, cancer, fissures, etc.) you will need a complete history and physical done. Your doctor will likely do stool tests and may refer you to a gastrointestinal (GI) specialist. If the bleeding increases and/or you feel weak or dizzy present to the er. Take care.
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Colon and Rectal Surgery 42 years experience
No amount of blood : Should ever be ignored. Altho it may be just from hemorhoids, blood actually mixed in the stool itself is usually indicative of potentially more serious internal problems such as polyps, colitis, ulcers, and even tumors. See a colon and rectal surgeon and get a colonoscopy.