where in my body is my appendix? i am having shooting pains in my left side below the ribs. it is a come and go (mostly come) pain. is tender to the touch. what so i need to do?

2 doctor answers
25 years experience Psychiatry
Hello. : Hello. The appendix is on the lower part of the right side of your abdomen. The pain from appendicitis can sometimes start higher up on the abdomen and can also be around the belly button, before it moves down to the right, lower abdomen. I don't know what is causing your pain. However, it is recommended that you be medically evaluated if you have severe abdominal pain.
Answered on Oct 16, 2017
1
Dr. Mohamed Ahmed
Need : Need to have an urgent evaluation.
Answered on Nov 19, 2017
1