Where in my body is my appendix? i am having shooting pains in my left side below the ribs. it is a come and go (mostly come) pain. is tender to the touch. what so i need to do?

Hello. : Hello. The appendix is on the lower part of the right side of your abdomen. The pain from appendicitis can sometimes start higher up on the abdomen and can also be around the belly button, before it moves down to the right, lower abdomen. I don't know what is causing your pain. However, it is recommended that you be medically evaluated if you have severe abdominal pain.

Last updated Oct 16, 2017