I have surgery on friday and i am on plavix and theyw ant me to stop and take lovenox (enoxaparin) and i can't afford the lovenox (enoxaparin) so if i don't take the lovenox (enoxaparin) will i hurt myself

Dr. Jared Remington
You : You need to discuss this with your surgeon. Your doctor should know why you are on Plavix and the risks of not taking Lovenox (enoxaparin) for your specific situation. It is not uncommon for a doctor to not know a patient's specific financial issues they are facing unless you discuss with them. There may be a cheaper alternative that is as effective. Again, please discuss with your doctor.

Last updated Jan 5, 2019