I have a lot of phlegm and mucus and unsure of why i have such a mass amount of it. i also have a cold. my cold has lasted a week and now it seems all thats left of it, is the large amount of phlegm and mucus that i wake up to every morning. i wake up and

Dr. Joy Jackson
You : You could be dealing with bronchitis and/or an allergic component which is causing your increased phlegm. Another possibility is pneumonia. If you still have symptoms you should see your doctor right away for an evaluation. If your symptoms have cleared then you likely had a viral illness that caused your symptoms and has now resolved. All the best.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016