U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I have a pimple-like bump on my face, i've had the bump for a few months what could it be and should it be checked by a doctor? i have used acne wash on it and i've tried popping it but nothing works.

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Arden
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 38 years experience
If : If your skin tends to be thick, oily, and you have had problems with acne or similar type lesions, chances are you have a sebaceous cyst. If it is something that is bothering you have your dermatologist check it out.
Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 years experience
Agree : Agree w/ dr. Arden. If it is a sebaceous cyst it may continue to enlarge and may require surgical removal.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.