child's penis and testicle not growing? my son is 9 years old and large for his age (in height and weight) but i am concerned bc it seems as if his penis and testicles are not growing. i realize that he has not hit puberty yet, but they seem unusually sma

4 doctor answers
25 years experience Psychiatry
Hello. : Hello. There are charts that provide information about normal penile size for particular age groups. You can look this up on line and get an idea if the length of his penis is within normal limits. If he is well below the mean, than you could consult with your doctor. I don't what to say about testicular size.
Answered on Feb 24, 2019
1
Dr. David Ewalt
37 years experience Pediatric Urology
From : From your description of your child's body habitus, it sounds like he has concealment of his penis and retractile testis. These are very common and should not cause alarm. The testis do not enlarge significantly from birth until puberty. Both the penis and testis will grow when he reaches puberty. When he gets his next yearly physical exam, his primary care physician should include an examination of his genitalia and if the testis are not descended in the scrotum then consideration for evaluation by a specialist would be warrented.
Answered on Mar 10, 2019
1
Dr. Patricio Gargollo
21 years experience Pediatric Urology
A : A child's penis and his testicles do not grow much from the rind they are infants until they start puberty. To this extent i would say that it is very likely that everything is normal and within normal limits. If you are worried i would advise you go back and see a pediatric urologist.
Answered on Jun 25, 2017
1
Dr. Michele Ebbers
24 years experience Urology
It : It is not unusual for a child's penis and testicles to appear smaller than "normal" at this age, especially if he is a large child (they can look relatively smaller). As long as the testicles are descended and palpably normal, there is no cause for alarm. As he goes through puberty in the next few years, he will hopefully thin out a bit, and the genitalia will also grow appropriately. That being said, sometimes a visit to a specialist can be reassuring to a child (and you!), since puberty might be a couple of years away.
Answered on Jan 23, 2020
4