i had my tubes tied 9 yrs ago and just recently remarried. we had a miscarriage in oct. 2011 how can we get pregnant again and how can we increase our chances of getting pregnant again and lower our risk of another miscarriage?

Dr. Joy Jackson
I : I am assuming you had a reversal procedure. Please reply if otherwise. To help pin point ovulation thus having a better chance of conceiving buy an ovulation prediction kit and follow the detailed instructions. As far as lowering the risk of miscarriage, this is nearly impossible. Most pregnancies that end in miscarriage are a result of the fetus having a chromosomal defect that is incompatible with life. There are other causes of miscarriage (clotting disoders etc.) but these are not usually considered until a woman has 3 miscarriages. Please see your doctor; after obtaining a detailed history from you and your partner he/she will be able to give more applicable advice. I wish you the best of luck.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016