severe dysplasea. what does this mean? age 22, 2 abnormal pap smears 6 mo apart. a biopsy came back positive.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mary Engrav
30 years experience Emergency Medicine
Severe : Severe dysplasia means that there are concerning changes in the cells. This will need to be followed closely with your gynecologist for the appropriate and best treatment for you. I am sorry that you are having to go through this.
Answered on Jan 4, 2019
48 years experience Pathology
Agree with Dr. E: Please follow your doctor's advice for follow up tests and treatment. Even though you may not have any symptoms, it is prudent to address the issue. Get HPV vaccine to prevent infection with other strains. Avoid alcohol, tobacco, weed and street drugs. Wish you good health.
Answered on Jan 8, 2019