Is it something to worry about, if part of bone broke & came out with molar extraction? (not wisdom teeth) my upper molar back was broken & decaying & needed removing. The dentist removed it, but had a difficult time. He said the tooth & roots were emb

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience in Dentistry
Yes, : Yes, it is normal. Doesn't happen all the time, but unfortunately part of extracting teeth. It should heal without a problem. The pain could also be coming just from the extraction since it was difficult... Don't blame the piece of bone. Your dentist was very forthcoming in explaining to you the problems he had with the extraction. It's only been a day. Give it some time, and i'm sure it will calm down. Sometimes, i advise my patients to take an extra tylenol (acetaminophen) two hours after the lortab. That extra bit of antiinflammatory and pain reliever does the trick. Ask you dentist what he thinks.
Answered on Mar 16, 2019
1