am i allergic to wheat? when i eat wheat it leaves a foul sour taste in my mouth and makes my stomach roll. however it i don't eat it with in 48 hours i feel panicy, anxious, heartburn, cold, blue fingers, and paranoia.

Dr. Marvin Den
It : It does not sound like an allergy per se. Have you seen your doctor? You might want to see a stomach doctor, who might be able to help.
Dr. Thomas Benda, jr
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 34 years experience
It's : It's possible! this could be allergy or a sensitivity to wheat. It is not uncommon for people with these problems to get some kind of a withdrawal symptom, or especially to crave the food. I would not say that something bad is going to happen if you don't eat wheat, indeed, you may feel better. There are several other problems an ENT allergist or general allergist would want to know. A gastroenterologist may be someone else to talk to, and may reccommend a test for celiac disease. Do you have trouble swallowing? Do you suffer from diarrhea or constipation? Do you have trouble with inhalant allergies, especially in may to june during grass season? You definitely could be helped by any of the specialists mentioned above. In the meantime, try taking wheat out of your diet and see what happens. It does not sound like you have a serious (anyphylaxis) sensitivity to wheat, so you might try 4 days with no wheat at all, and then eat something with a lot of wheat, such as wheat bread, and see what your symptoms are. This could give you fairly significant gastrointestinal symptoms from your description, so you may want to do this through your allergist instead.