U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I have a blistering rash in my groin area. have used lotriderm wish isn't helping. is there anything else that i can try? i am male, 62 y/o. this rach just started while i was on vacation. doing lots of swimming. i tend to sweat a fair amount.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Thomas Rosenfeld
Dermatology 44 years experience
The : The rash may require a scraping, or possibly a biopsy to determine the proper diagnosis. A true blistering rash in the groin could be a contact dermatitis to something touching the skin, or a primary blistering disorder such as bullous pemphigoid. A dermatologistg could do such tests, with immunofluorescence stains, to find a diagnosis, then appropriate treatment recommended.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.