Radiologist read my pelvic ct scan incorrectly i went in to er for very bad pelvic pain and back aches. they ordered a no contrast ct scan of pelvis. the first ct scan report read right ovary is larger than left (i don't have a left) with somewhat heterog

Dr. Robert Andrews
Interventional Radiology 37 years experience
It : It can be very difficult to tell much about soft tissue structures like the ovary without contrast. Still, it sounds like there may be a discrepancy in the interpretations, so a follow-up study would be in order. The best way to look at the uterus and ovaries is with ultrasound. The round and broad ligaments are normal structures, by the way, so the fact that they are seen is of no concern.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Wendy Askew
25 years experience
Couple of things: I'm not 100% sure what the question is. But, the fact that the right ovary is slightly larger than the left may be within the normal variation, and not something abnormal. Heterogeneous appearance doesn't give an indication of what caused the pain. It doesn't seem like they found a cause of either the back pain or the pelvic pain. You probably need to follow-up with a gyn dr about your symptoms.
Last updated Sep 9, 2017