what is the estimate amount for fallen arches surgery.my legs are killing me.i need surgery asap african

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry 42 years experience
I'm : I'm not sure when you mean by "fallen arches surgery." there are numerous kinds of surgery to correct flat feet, so i'm guessing this is what you have. There are two kinds of flat feet: 1) a flexible flatfoot, which is by far the most common, and 2) peroneal spastic flatfoot, a relatively rare condition that can cause immense pain and disability. For the flexible flatfoot, i assume you tried orthotics, exercises, shoe modifications and even perhaps a course of physical therapy? If not, i would strongly urge you to try one or more conservative treatments before having surgery. Flat foot surgery can be pretty extensive and disabling with up to a year of healing times, casts, screws, pins, etc. It's not something to rush into, and of course, if you want a guarantee, you'll need to go to midas muffler, because there is a known failure rate for surgery. If you have peroneal spastic flatfoot, i assume you've been wearing a leg brace and it's not effective enough. I hope i've provided you with some useful information. Good luck!

Last updated Oct 3, 2016