i recently had dental work & now am getting really bad headaches the pain will most times be in the my whole head like a migrain but accompanied by pain in my jaw socket area, in my throat about where my glands are, in my temples and eyes, and alll my bo

3 doctor answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
I : I would like to help you but i need more information since i cannot examine you. You said you had dental work completed. What type of dental work? Fillings? Crowns? Bridges? Dentures? The antibiotic should be given to you if a specific infection was diagnosed on a specific tooth. I am concerned about the pain in your temporomandibular joint, which could be an indication that your bite is off. Please add a comment with some more specifics and i will see if i can help you.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Michael Docktor
49 years experience General Practice
Hard : Hard to give answer without more information. Is there any pain upon biting? Are hot and/or cold food items any source of additional pain? Was there any discomfort before the dental work was done? And, can you describe what type of treatment was given? Answers to these my help me give you a better understanding.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
1
Dr. David Schleimer
37 years experience Orthodontics
What treatment?: Not enough information. The invasiveness of the procedure could tell us much more. If surgery it may be normal, if an infection was causative, it takes a while for antibiotics to work. If a filling or crown was placed and is hitting prematurely, it can throw off your bite and cause much discomfort locally and distant. Call your dentist and discuss. Good luck!
Answered on Jan 28, 2017
2