will cutting my dose of keppra in half cause problems? i am taking 750mg of keppra 2x a day. but, it has some really bad side effects and i would like to cut the dose in half by taking only 1 pill a day. i take it for zeizures.

Dr. Frances Dyro
53 years experience Neurology
I : I don't think it a good idea to reduce your dose without having a discussion with your prescribing physician. You would be in danger of setting off a seizure. You and your doctor can come up with some antiepileptic drug that works well and is better tolerated. Keppra (levetiracetam) is a drug that is often used to manage seizures and is usually well tolerated. Please see your doctor before you change your medications.
Answered on Mar 8, 2018