i am getting dehydrated no reason. went to urgent care on feb 27 urinary tract inf. no fever. he gave me doxycycline 2 times a day i have horrible drug allergies can only take levaquin avelox penicillin cannot take sulfa or macrobid. he gave me doxycycl

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Dehydration : Dehydration can occur easily when a patient has an infection. An infection can cause a fever, even when the patient isn't always aware, and the skin flushes, with more fluid evaporating. In addition, if a patient isn't feeling well, they often don't drink or eat as much as they typically do. Patient's who are on other medications, including cardiovascular medications, can be more sensitive to the effects of dehydration. Signs of allergic reaction to a medication usually includes rash that is usually hives, swelling, itching, or shortness of breath.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Renal function: Please see your physician and consider renal function tests and a repeat urinalysis. Fluids, rest and monitor for fever.