severe prolapse bladder need surgery prolapse bladder sever hanging out like a softball size plus age 45. need sugergy scared and worried about recovery surgery and more please if anyone know where i can get good information about this let me know kindl

Dr. Mary Engrav
30 years experience Emergency Medicine
I : I am sorry that you are having to go through this. Bladder prolapse surgery is fairly common, and most women get very good results from it. Bladder prolapse occurs after the muscles weaken around the bladder and vagina, often after childbirth. Please be sure you are seeing a board certified gynecologist or urologist for your surgery. Be sure and carefully follow the post-operative instructions regarding rest and lifting, and don't return to early to your regular activities. I am sure you will do fine, and i wish you the best.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1