What type of treatment does a child of 13 mos of age get for the flu? and no she hasnt had flu shot im worried that my 4yr old granddaughter may have given my 13 mos old granddaughter the flu. we have tried to get the baby the flu shot but her doctors

Dr. Mark Shih
Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine 31 years experience
The : The most important treatments for the flu in a 13 month old toddler would still be rest drinking of adequate fluids. In addition to over the counter medications such as tylenol (acetaminophen) and Ibuprofen for fever, there are prescription medications such as tamiflu, which are approved for use in children over 12 months of age. When started within the first 1-2 days of onset of flu symptoms, it has been shown to decrease the duration of flu symptoms by 1.3 days on average. Importantly, it is available in a liquid suspension for ease of use in small children.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016