U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

What is wrong with my gums? i am 17 years old and to help me quit smoking (because i'm enlisted in the marine corps and it's hurting my running), i have taken up chewing tobacco. the brand is grizzly wintergreen long cut, and i have crazy pain on my front

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 27 years experience
If : If you are active duty in the usmc, you can get treatment at your military treatment center (mtf). Please look into the smoking cessation clinic (often under the wellness clinic) at your mtf, where you normally can get education about the issue, group treatment and appropriate medications to help you stop nicotine use. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 34-year-old member asked:
What is worse? Chewing or smoking tobacco?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
How much damage has smoking tobacco caused me if I smoked for 12 years already?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.