can you get pregnant with a marina iud? my systems have been tenderness, pain and cramping with frequent urination, also being just drained and tired told my doc of pain with intercourse they said to try new ways of doing it. my boyfriend says he can feel

Dr. Joy Jackson
To : To answer the first part pf your question, yes you can get pregnant with an iud, however the chances of becoming pregnant with a correctly plasced iud are less than 5%.Your doctor should do an iud check to make sure it is in the correct location.Also, it sounds like you may be dealing with an infection, possibly a vaginal bacterial or yeast infection, or even std. On the other hand it may be a urinary tract infection. You should be tested for all of the above. Your boyfriend is likely feeling the string from the iud or the iud if it is misplaced. If it is the string then maybe it is too long and your doctor should cut it. I hope your issue is resolved soon. Take care.
Answered on Oct 4, 2017
1