Are prothstetic hips safe, and are there any other options for a reacurring bone cyst of the hip? i broke my hip when i was ten, caused by a cyst. the treatment was a steroid flush and a cast. i broke it again when i was twelve when they found that it was

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
I : I am so sorry you have had to go through all of this. Yes, there are definitely safe prosthetic hips. Please see a board certified orthopedic surgeon in your area. Ask your doctor for a referral to be sure you have a highly-respected orthopedic surgeon. I can understand your concern.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016