Is it safe for me to take valcyclovir while i am pregnant i want to know if i can take valacyclovir if i have an outbreak while i am pregnant

The : The food and drug administration (fda) categorizes valacyclovir as pregnancy category b. This category means it has not been studied in pregnant humans. However, it did not appear to cause injury in animal studies. The issue for use of any medication during pregnancy is that the possible risks need be weighed against the benefits. Although, it is often used by women who are pregnant, you should not use valacyclovir or any other medication without discussing it with your obstetrician. I hope this is helpful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016