Los Angeles, CA

losing belly fat for a 42 year old male. hi all, i am south asian male aged 42 years, of generally good health. i had belly measurement of 41 inches. after 3 weeks of only liquid diet my belly got reduced to 39 inches. next three weeks of liquid diet

I : I am assuming that you were on a reduced calorie liquid diet. It can be problematic to do that for six weeks straight. If your caloric intake was too low, your metabolic rate would drop because your body perceived that you were going into starvation mode. Over time, you body will burn fewer and fewer calories. As a result, when you resumed a normal diet, because of the lowered metabolic rate you continue to burn fewer calories because your set point is off. At this point, you might want to see a nutritionist to get back to a more normal metabolic rate. Good luck.