Does hyaluronidase cause any swelling or redness at the injection site? when i receive a hyaluronidase injection, will it leave any visible marks? i will be having an injection under my eyes and am worried that it will be noticeable. if it does leave a ma

Dr. Benjamin Cilento
Facial Plastic Surgery 24 years experience
Amphadase : Amphadase (hyaluronidase inj) is a preparation of purified bovine testicular hyaluronidase, a protein enzyme. Each vial contains 150 USP units of hyaluronidase per ml with 8.5 mg sodium chloride, 1 mg Edetate disodium, 0.4 mg calcium chloride, monobasic sodium phosphate buffer, and not more than 0.1 mg thimerosal (mercury derivative). It is possible to have an allergic reaction to any or all of these ingredients. If you have had a reaction in the past or suspect that you may be allergic to the contents then you should identify these concerns to your practitioner. Barring allergic reactions there is usually a small amount of redness at the site of injection and this usually goes away in 1-3 hours. -bwc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.