Am i too thin for tumescent liposuction? I have over the past three years worked hard to get my body back into good shape, and I am no longer in the overweight range. I'm 5'5 and 135 pounds. Will tumescent liposuction remove the few remaining stubborn fat

Dr. Joseph Mele
31 years experience in Plastic Surgery
Liposuction : Liposuction works better on thinner people. Of course, you still need to have enough fat in the areas of concern for liposuction to have an effect. Stubborn, disproportionate areas of fat in someone close to their ideal weight are ideal for the procedure. There is lower risk of gaining weight after liposuction which can negatively affect your results. Liposuction has the ability to selectively remove fat deposits exactly from the areas where we want it removed. This is different than weight loss, where the fat goes away following your genetic road map.
Answered on Dec 12, 2018