due date soon and chlamydia i had chlamydia and i took my azithromycin two weeks ago. my first due date is on wednesday the 8th, and my resutls for a retesting pep smear won't come back until monday the 6th. what can the doctors do if ii go into labor on

2 doctor answers
Dr. Joy Jackson
If : If you had chlamydia and were treated then you are odds of it still being present are fairly low, unless you were reinfected. If you go into labor prior to the results being available, your doctor may opt to give you a one time dose of Azithromycin to be safe. I highly doubt that a c-section will be done for this reason alone. I am sure your doctor has a safe protocol for this type of situation. Best of luck on your upcoming delivery!
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Brad Douglas
23 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
See below: That is okay - the chlamydia should have been treated by now - so you and the baby should be okay.
Answered on Feb 16, 2015