my son has a blood pressure of 150/111, he is twenty five years old. what can we do to help with his headache? his height is 5'6, his weighs 218lbs.

24 years experience Psychiatry
Have : Have you repeated the blood pressure to make sure the value you got was accurate? If this is a severe headache, i recomend that you take him to the emergency room. I can not tell by reading this if he has chronic hypertension. I don't know if his blood pressure is causing his headache or if his headache is so severe, that it is causing his blood pressure to rise. In general blood pressure reading of 180 or higher for the top number (systolic pressure) and 110 on the bottom or higher (diastolic pressure) is pretty significant. Since there isn't much information here, i recommend a prudent approach and that you take him to the emergency room so that he can be checked out.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016