how long before i get used to my new tooth bonding? its been a few days, and my mouth still feels very strange. its almost like i have a layer of food stuck to my teeth, and i just want to wipe it away. how long before my mouth feels normal again?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Stanley Chickey
44 years experience Dentistry
If : If the bonding was done well, polished well, mimics natural tooth form properly, and contoured physiologically at the gum line then you should feel comfortable with it in a couple of weeks.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
44 years experience Endodontics
Give it more time: If you are still not used to it after a few weeks, you may wish to have your dentist re check the bonding. It could possibly be over contoured and need some adjusting. Also perhaps it needs to be polished so food won't stick.
Answered on Sep 18, 2013