A member asked:

What do you think about dr. seeking dieting pills i am more than 30 pounds overweight and 59 years an have ra so may moving around is less than most

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Joy Jackson answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Before starting any diet pills i recommend you get approval from your doctor first. Thirty pounds is a significant amount of weight to lose, however with a good diet and exercise you should be able to reach your goal. Since you have ra, a good exercise regime for you is swimming or water aerobics; this puts little to no strain on your joints. It also may be a good idea to seek out a consult with a certified nutritionist. Best of luck.

Answered Oct 3, 2016



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. C Julio Aponte answered

Specializes in Rheumatology

Very bad indeed most are ineffective and /or harmfull good relation with your food and food intake is important. Cut carbohydrates ( sugars and starches), water exercises are easy and effective way of dropping pounds diet implies temporary, do it for life.

Answered Jul 7, 2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor