do i have a sickness? my throat has been minorly hurtin i constantly feel like i have something in my throat after i cough and my throat dies out every once in awhile.....it's been like this since december .....3-4 weeks or so everyone in my family smokes

Dr. Joy Jackson
You : You may be dealing with allergies, however an infection needs to be ruled out. Please see your doctor for an evaluation and treatment as deemed necessary. In the meantime try a daily allergy medication like Claritin (loratadine) or alavert. Also make sure you are well hydrated. If you find the cigarette smoke is irritating your throat ask your family members to smoke outside. Best of luck.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016