Can be period be late from taking plan b while on my last period? while having sex, the condom broke so i took plan b that night. it was only the 5th day of my period but i took the pill just in case. the pill caused my period to last a week and a half lo

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Laura McMullen answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

One : One of the most common side effects of the Plan B pill is that it can cause cycle irregularity no matter when you take it. It is great that you took the Plan B right away since the sooner you take it, the more effective it is in preventing pregnancy. Since you took the Plan B on the same day you had sex and you were still on your period, it is highly unlikely that you would be pregnant. I attached a website with some excellent information about the Plan B below.

Answered 7/1/2018

5.3k views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Possibly: Potential side effects w emergency contraception includes menstrual flow changes (spotting, bleeding, early or late period).

Answered 10/21/2018

260 views