A member asked:

Male yeast infection help! i'm a male and i've had a yeast infection for two years. nothing seems to get rid of it. i've taken frequent trips to the doctor and he keeps prescribing chlotrimazole cream which is not working. i've tried coconut oil

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Joy Jackson answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Recurrent yeast infections can be a sign of diabetes or immune deficiencies. You should have a complete history and physical to make sure this is not the issue. On the other hand, is it possible that a sexual partner could have an untreated yeast infection which is causing the reoccurence. Your doctor may need to put you on an oral medication called Diflucan (fluconazole) once a week for about 4 weeks or so. Lastly consider it is not a yeast infection and possibly an allergic reaction to some type of soap, lotion, or cream you are using on your penis. Best of luck.

Answered Oct 3, 2016



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor