Can i get my ears pierced again? i got my ears pierced when i was younger but they closed up a few years later. now i am in my twenty's i have noticed that there is a white puss that comes out of my old piercings, like a zit. is this an infection? shoul

Dr. Joy Jackson
This : This is unusual especially if it is bilateral (both ears). If the "puss" does not have a foul odor and there is no surrounding erythema (redness) then it is likely not infected. You will probably be ok to go ahead and have them pierced. The person doing the piercing will hopefully alert you if there is a problem. Best of luck.
Dr. Barry Cohen
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Yes: You can repierce. I would use antibiotics first/before repiercing.

Last updated Oct 22, 2016