how is chronic parotitis treated? i am a 50 year old woman in good health with the exception of migraines.i have a swelling/mass directly in front of my earlobe at my jawline. it's about the size of a large pecan and is firm, but not hard. it is usually p

Dr. Joseph Jeu
I : I would worry about any swelling that has been there for 3 years. You might want to see an otolaryngologist (ear nose and throat) specialist for further evaluation. He might even want to biopsy it to be sure of a diagnosis. Best wishes.
Dr. Stephen Enriquez
Addiction Medicine 33 years experience
Visit an ENT: There are nerves located in the proximity of your parotid glands. Impingement could be causing ur headaches. Please visit ur doctor for an evaluation. Treatment can vary from observation to drainage to removal depending on diagnosis. Good luck and be well.

Last updated Mar 14, 2019