U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

How is chronic parotitis treated? i am a 50 year old woman in good health with the exception of migraines.i have a swelling/mass directly in front of my earlobe at my jawline. it's about the size of a large pecan and is firm, but not hard. it is usually p

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Family Medicine 45 years experience
I : I would worry about any swelling that has been there for 3 years. You might want to see an otolaryngologist (ear nose and throat) specialist for further evaluation. He might even want to biopsy it to be sure of a diagnosis. Best wishes.
Dr. Stephen Enriquez
Addiction Medicine 34 years experience
Visit an ENT: There are nerves located in the proximity of your parotid glands. Impingement could be causing ur headaches. Please visit ur doctor for an evaluation. Treatment can vary from observation to drainage to removal depending on diagnosis. Good luck and be well.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 14, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.