want to know if i should see a doctor asap or wait for other symptoms? i was sitting at work today and felt a back pain in my upper back. wasn't sure where it came from. then i felt a squeezing in my chest, then i felt a bit dizzy and mildly sweaty. th

2 doctor answers
Dr. Joseph Jeu
You : You should see your physician or go to the er. Chest pain associated with shortness of breath, lightheadedness, and confusion are symptoms that could easily mean that you are having a heart attack. Though it could be a reaction to your medication, be safe. Get checked out now!
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Jonathan Lau
22 years experience Anesthesiology
Chest pain: In any event where chest pain is felt as pressure or squeezing, there my be concern. This maybe a prelude to a heart attack or a blockage in the vessels of the heart. I highly recommend that you goto the er immediatly to rule this out and the treatment needs to be immediate. Once the heart is not the case the other things can be addressed at a normal pace.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016