I am 51, 14 mos. no period. bleeding again. why? i now am bleeding heavy for last two days. is this normal? will my body have to go through all the symptoms of menopause again?

Dr. Joy Jackson
Bleeding : Bleeding after absence of your period for greater than one year needs to be investigated. Your gyneclogist will need to perform a biopsy of your uterus called an endometrial biopsy (emb) in order to look for changes in your uterus that could account for your bleeding. Also a pelvic ultrasound may be done in order to look for fibroids (benign tumors of the uterus) that frequently cause bleeding. All the best.
Dr. Shira Miller
Rule out cancer. : Once you are in menopause, unless you are taking hormones to restart your period, you shouldn't have any bleeding. You need to go to your gynecologist and make sure you don't have uterine cancer. Most likely though it is build up of uterine lining.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016