Should i go to the doctor or should i wait? i was hit last night in the jaw, i heard a pop and pain to my ear. i can move my jaw but when i try to open it wide i get nasty pain and when i close my jaw my teeth are not lining up almost like and overbite an

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Joy Jackson answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

If : If you have not done so already, you need to seek medical attention right away. You may be dealing with a fractured or dislocated jaw. An exam and x-ray will be able to aid in the diagnosis and appropriate treatment of your problem. Good luck.

Answered 12/15/2018

5.3k views

Dr. Jack Binder answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Right away: What are you waiting for? Something is obviously not right. You might have a broken jaw.

Answered 1/19/2013

5.4k views

Dr. Kenneth Lee answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Fracture: Clearly you should see a doctor- many times blunt trauma results in a jaw fracture. Malocclusion means that most likely your jaw is fractured to a point that the teeth are no longer lining up correctly and it is an indication for surgery. You need to see a facial fracture specialist (ent, plastic surgeon, oral surgeon) for an exam and x-rays/cts for diagnosis.

Answered 4/6/2014

5.4k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Go immediately: You may have a fractured lower jaw. If your local hospital has an Oral Surgeon onstage in their ER, that's a good place to start. If no Oral Surgeon on staff seek treatment from a local Oral Surgeon. This must be addressed immediately.

Answered 10/28/2019

129 views