What is this strange sore in my mouth? i have this strange sore in my mouth on the left most inner side of my cheek next to my wisdom tooth. its this white pimple like growth that feels swollen. its also giving out this very stinky smell from my mouth. i

Dr. Joy Jackson
It : It sounds like you may be dealing with an infection that spread from a tooth cavity, which is called a dental abscess. These can become very painful when tissues become inflamed or due to the pressure of the abscess itself. Pus collects at the site of the infection. This can become progressively more painful until the abscess ruptures or drains on its own. This process can cause a very foul odor in the mouth. The more concerning issue here is the fact that you feel like there is something stuck in your throat. If the infection has spread to your throat, it can cause an obstruction (blocks your airway) and this is a medical emergency. Regardless you will need an urgent medical evaluation, antibiotics, and a dental referral. Good luck.
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 33 years experience
Dental Abscess...: May be a dental abscess. Antibiotics may be necessary to resolve the pus which you are describing as a white pimple like growth. An abscess usually becomes more painful as it seeks to find a way out. At some point it will break open & spill the pus out into your system. You need to resolve this asap & see a dentist as the bacterial load will not be healthy for you & is potentially serious.
Dr. Thomas Heston
Cold sore: Might be a cold sore or irritation from accidentally biting a bit of your cheek at night while asleep (nocturnal bruxism). See your dentist to be sure.
Dr. Victor Zeines
Dentistry 51 years experience
See below : This could be a cold sore or an irritation from biting your check...However it could also be an abcess from your tooth ..I'.M not happy about "the stinky smell" this sounds much mnore like an infection then a cold core or irritation. I think you have an abcess you need to see your dentist.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016