for 2 days now off an on i get this sharp pain in my left nipple at the same time that happens i also get sharp pain in the back for 2 days now off an on i get this sharp pain in my left nipple at the same time that happens i also get sharp pain in the ba

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mary Engrav
30 years experience Emergency Medicine
Pain : Pain that is in your chest can goes through to your back can be caused by several different possibilities. Things to notice to tell your doctor: is it worse if you take a deep breath? Do you have a fever with it? Are you coughing? Those would be signs of an infection or pneumonia. Do you have shortness of breath? That could be concerning for a blood clot or other possibilities such as infection as well. Also try to notice if the pain is worse with movement. Please see your doctor to have this evaluated. If you have increased pain, shortness of breath, or fever, then you must be seen as an emergency.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. David Rosenfeld
26 years experience Pain Management
See PCP: Those would be signs of an infection or pneumonia. Please see your PCP
Answered on Apr 1, 2019