I have been having really bad lower back pain. its been going on for over a month. now its on both sides. im getting sharp pains up my left side of back and left ribs. i feel pressure n sometimes get chest pains that take my breath away. and i have a tas

Dr. Mark Cantieri
Pain Management 41 years experience
Evaluation: I would strongly suggest seei ng your do/md for forther evaluation. It maybe musculoskeletal, but there are other causes such as kidney or lung that can cause symptoms like you describe.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
33 years experience
See a Doc: You really need to see your doctor at this point. Back pain that is going on for a month could represent something serious with your health. Please get in to see someone asap. If you do not have a doctor go to an urgent care center or an emergency department.
Dr. Cheryl White
Pain Management 32 years experience
I agree, except for the Emergency Department / Urgent Care suggestion. Something is going on and you need to find out what it is, and you need a physician to follow your progress to that goal. An ED will not do that, but a good PCP will. They can order diagnostic tests, and make appropriate referrals. Sorry but I am not a fan of ED's for non-emergency situations....
Aug 21, 2012