what could be causing my side pain and could it be serious? i a 22 yr old female and have never had any major health problems. for a week now i have had constant pain on my left side going from my ribs to my hip and a little into my lower back. for 2 of t

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mark Kallgren
31 years experience Pain Management
I'd : I'd be concerned that you may have a kidney stone or some other process involving your genitourinary system on that side. You didn't mention if you had noticed any blood in your urine, pain with urination or any chance that you might be pregnant. I'd advise getting seen by your primary doctor soon. Good luck!
Answered on Mar 10, 2019
4
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Need more history: It would be helpful to know if movement aggravates the pain, if you have fever, any urine symptoms, any nausea, constipation or diarrhea. Pain in the ribs radiating down is often associated with the kidney, such as infection or kidney stone, but your symptoms are not detailed enough to exclude GI or muscle/nerve related conditions. Further assessment is recommended.
Answered on Mar 18, 2019